Navigation bar



Friday, August 26, 2011

News Link, Some Great Makeup, and a Super Cute Outfit

First order of business- here is the link to my new segment from Monday on Fall Fashion Trends for less:
WTTE FOX 28 - Good Day Columbus - MONDAY: Thrift Store Chic

Yesterday was a fun day! I got to go wedding makeup shopping at Sephora with my friend Acacia (seen here)!She asked me to come along because I'm a makeup artist but I'll be honest I get overwhelmed when I walk into that store! We ended getting help from Christine from Stila cosmetics and she was wonderful! She made Acacia look so beautiful- not that that's a hard job but still it was just perfect! She does freelance wedding makeup in case you are in the Ohio area and need someone. Her website is
www.blushartistrybynina.com

Christina on the left, Acacia on the right
 
Then the last order of business for today- a cute outfit of course! I showed this skirt earlier this week and I just couldn't wait to wear it! It is a Lauren Conrad I'm assuming from Kohls but I got it at Goodwill on Morse Rd. for $3.49! I just love the colors! I added a black t-shirt with a zipper pocket to add a tough edge to the frilly skirt and one of my favorite pairs of shoes! The shoes are vintage Papagallos. Don't they go so perfectly?




t-shirt: Goodwill $3.49
belt: Express via Goodwill $1.99
skirt: Lauren Conrad via Goodwill $3.49
vintage heels: Papagallo via Volunteers of America $4.99
Total Cost: $13.96
Pin It

7 comments:

  1. I love this outfit! The skirt is so cute :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love shirts like the one you're wearing because they are so versatile!! Very cute outfit!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the skirt look so cute on you, fabulous colors too

    love,mongs
    mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just discovered Lauren Conrad's clothing. Love this skirt on you. Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love your blog so much and you look absolutely gorgeous in all your pictures! please do another blog post soon! wedding makeup artist Sydney, bridal makeup artist Sydney

    ReplyDelete