Navigation bar



Monday, December 6, 2010

Stockings Hung by the Front Door With Care?

This is our first holiday season in our new house so I was excited about decorating but not sure where everything was going to go. As I started getting everything out of those Rubbermaid containers I was presented with a dilemma. Our house doesn't have a fireplace so where am I supposed to hang the stockings?
We have three stockings; one for my husband, one for me, and one for our cat Fudge. So I looked around and that's when I noticed the three windows on the back of our front door. Here's what I came up with:


 all of our stockings were handmade by two of our friends


Then I realized that a lot of people don't have fireplaces what do they do? Here are some of the ideas I came up with:

(picture via apartment therapy)
hanging a tree branch on the wall

(picture via apartment therapy)
hanging them on a decorative ladder or a bookshelf

(picture via apartment therapy)
 hanging them on a window sill

hang them on a stocking holder purchased at ABC distributing for $15.95

(picture via country living)
 hang them on the end of the bed- if you have kids you can hang a stocking on each of their beds

 (picture via ohdeedoh)
 hang them on a picture or cork board

 hang them on hooks that are mounted to the wall

(picture via ideal home)
hang them on the staricase


 And this is what I want to find in my stocking on Christmas morning:


Where do you guys hang your stockings?
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment