Navigation bar



Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Trend Alert: Jorts with Black Tights

I'm trying out a new look today and by new I mean new to me. This is a look that has been out there for quite a while now. I consider myself to be pretty fashion forward but sometimes it even takes me a while before I decide to try a fashion trend. Also, I haven't seen many people in my town of Columbus, Ohio rocking this look but I hear this look is huge in Japan. The Japanese know all about fashion! 
The look is a combination of cut off jean shorts (which I call "jorts") and black tights. Here are some examples of celebs wearing this look:

  
picture courtesy of: thefashioncents.com

picture courtesy of: thefashionstop.com


 And here is me with my own mostly thrift store version of the look:


leather jacket: T.J. Maxx $29.99
gray hooded sweatshirt: Express $9.99
black v-neck t-shirt: Goodwill $1.99
denim jorts: made myself from jeans from Goodwill $3.99
black tights: Forever21 $4.80
lace up boots: goodwill $3.49
multi strand chain necklace: Forever21 $7.80

This was a fun look! I thought it turned out pretty good! What do you think? I usually don't feel very comfortable in shorts but with tights I felt much more confident!
I like how the look can go from really casual like my version to red carpet ready like some of the celebs are wearing. There are really a lot of ways you could tweak this look! Try swaping out the leather jacket and the hooded sweatshirt for a menswear blazer or instead of the lace up boots you could try some feminine black pumps or a taller leather boot. I would just keep all the colors to black, gray, white, or brown. If you want a little color then do it with a scarf but let the blue denim be the focal point.




Pin It

2 comments:

  1. I think I can get on board with this. However, I have no jorts. Oh well. You look great though, and I shall live vicariously through you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I use to wear tights with shorts when I was younger...man how stuff is coming back in style

    ReplyDelete