Navigation bar



Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Cute Outfit of the Day: Collegiate Blazers

Boyfriend blazers are back for fall! Today I want to specifically talk about the collegiate style boyfriend blazer. Traditionally, collegiate blazers are worn by university students who are part of a club or sport. In most cases the students wear an emblem on the chest of the blazer. 
I found this adorable collegiate blazer at a thrift store a while back for $3.49! It has the traditional emblem on the pocket and the contrasting piping around the edges. Please don't laugh at my attempt to model! Jill the mannequin doesn't like to wear pants so I had to do this one myself!



collegiate blazer: Goodwill $3.49
plaid shirt: little boys dept. of Target $12.99
dark skinny jeans: Forever21 $12.99
gold headband: Old Navy $3.99
boat shoes: Goodwill $3.49

To create this look I added a plaid button up shirt. I thought it would be much more interesting than a solid color. Then I pulled on a pair of skinny jeans in a dark classic wash. I like to roll my skinny jeans up into a small cuff. I think it is more flattering than a large cuff on people who are really short like me. Then I added a gold leather headband that has a little bow on it in the same material. The headband picks up the gold in the emblem on the jacket. Lastly, since this look turned out so preppy I had to go with my boat shoes!
With the collegiate blazer, the outfit could have easily gone sexy school girl but I was really trying to avoid that cliche'. I wanted a look that was more fun and casual but well put together. And I did it all for under $40! What do you think? Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment