Navigation bar



Friday, October 29, 2010

Costumes from a Halloween Past

I am really getting into Halloween this year! I think it's because it is our first year in a house so that means trick or treaters! We have always lived in apartments before so I've never had the opportunity to pass out candy. Beggars Night in our area was Thursday evening and let me tell you I had a blast handing out candy to all the cute little Dorothy's and Pirates! My friend Alicia was over and she said that she thought I was having more fun than the kids!
So, in honor of Halloween, I thought I'd share with you our costumes from 3 years ago- which just happens to be the last time we dressed up for Halloween. I wanted to share it because they were mostly put together from thrift store finds or things I already had in my closet. I think we both spent under $15 each which I think is pretty good!

 me as Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis and my husband Jason as a hillbilly
(we don't really do the whole couple costume thing)

me as Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis


 the real Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis


My costume:

Already had:
Dress: from H&M $29.99
Pearl necklace and bracelet: from China- gift from a client
Sunglasses: Ohio State Fair 3 for $20
Shoes: Target $12.99 on sale

Purchased for the costume:
Purse: from Volunteers of America on Indianola $1.99
Gloves: Claire's $9.99

Jason's costume
Already had:
Jeans
Bandana
Sunglasses: also Ohio State Fair
Long sleeved thermal

Purchased for the costume:
Mullet wig: Halloween store $9.99
High-top tennis shoes: Volunteers of America $1.99
Flannel shirt: V of A $1.99

We actually got invited to a costume party this year at a friends house! Wait till you see what thrifty costumes we come up with this year! Happy Halloween!
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Hey Lindsey! Sammy Davis Vintage here! You make the PERFECT Jackie O! I love it so so so much!

    My running partner is from Columbus, Ohio ... I have an affinity for your town and I've never even been there ;-)

    Let's definitely keep in touch! Happy Halloween!

    xx
    SD

    ReplyDelete