Navigation bar



Saturday, October 30, 2010

Cute Outfit of the Day: Breaking the Rules

This is one of my favorite outfits! It is a great transitional outfit for this time of the year. The dress is actually a short sleeve summer dress but when you add the blazer and the boots it warms it up for the cooler fall temperatures. I think the dress works well for this time of the year because the colors are not super summery Not all dresses should be taken into fall! Save your true white dresses for next summer. 
This outfit is also a great representation of how black and brown can look really great together. I love breaking old fashion rules! Today's fashion does not adhere to all those rules you learned from your mom! These days you can wear white after labor day and mix gold and silver jewelry without the wide eyed stares. Back in the 80's my mom taught me that everything had to match like it was made to go together. For example, if you wear a blue top then you wear blue eyeshadow. The best one was the time my mom decided to carry her leopard purse while wearing her leopard scarf AND her leopard dress! (Love you mommy!)




Blazer: Ann Taylor from Goodwill $3.99
Dress: Goodwill in Austin, Texas $4.99
Belt: Goodwill $1.49
Boots: Aldo $189.00 (yes, a very rare splurge for me! I made $200 doing a focus group and I've worn these for 3 years already.)

Isn't breaking the rules fun?! I think I'll do some more posts on this topic in the future! What old rules do you like to break?
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment