Navigation bar



Thursday, August 5, 2010

How To Tie a Scarf into a Cute Mini Turban

I don't know if you're like me but I have a ton of cute scarves sitting around that I hardly ever wear. A great way to use those scarves is to wear a turban in your hair! Turbans are a great look for summer. They create instant style and are super easy to do! Turbans can work with practically any hair style- mine is pretty short in the back but it still looks cute. It works great on a bad hair day or if you need something to jazz up an outfit. In the pictures I pulled some of my hair forward after I tied the turban but it also looks cute to push all of your hair back and wear the turban closer to your forehead. You can also put hair in a ponytail or updo before tying on a turban. Obviously, the thicker your scarf the bigger your turban is going to be. Try it different ways and see what works best for you!




See how it can make an otherwise boring outfit more special!

How to tie a scarf into a mini turban:
1. start with a scarf (longer ones work better)
2. put the center of scarf at the base of your neck
3. bring the ends of the scarf up to the top of your head
4. cross the ends around each other not just once but twice (that is what creates the knot on the top)
5. take the ends of the scarf back down to the base of your neck
6. tie the ends (if there is excess scarf just let it hang down in back)
7. instant chic!








Pin It

3 comments:

  1. I've been looking all over for how to do this!

    Love it. Definitely wearing it today in an effort to cover my hair which needs a good wash!

    Thanks girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! I am def going to try this!

    xo galmeetsglam.com

    ReplyDelete