Navigation bar



Monday, September 10, 2012

Cute Outfit of the Day: A Little Help from My Friend



Forever 21 top: Goodwill $3.99
Target skirt: Goodwill $3.99
earrings: Forever 21 $4.90
belt: Goodwill $1.99
The Limited purse: Goodwill $5.99
Nine West shoes: Goodwill $3.99
Total Cost: $24.85

I kind of stole the idea for this outfit from my BFF Alicia. She borrows my clothes a lot and I'm always inspired by what she chooses and what items she puts together. So she thinks I'm doing her a favor by letting her borrow clothes but really she is doing ME a favor by giving me inspiration! Hey, Isn't that what friends are for? Thanks A!

How was your weekend? I had a great weekend celebrating one of my favorite people who just happens to share some of my DNA, my brother, Dan! His Birthday is on the 14th so we went out to dinner on Saturday to Barrel 44, which was super delish! Then my husband and I hosted a party for him at our house on Sunday! For the party, I set up a photo booth. I hung a sign next to the photo area asking guests to do their best Dan impression and included props to assist them. I had fake mustaches, fake tattoos, an Ohio State cap and diploma, a microphone, a motorcycle jacket, and other things that reminded me of Dan! It was so much fun! Here are a few shots from the party:
brother Dan with his friends son
 Me pretending to be an architect like my big brother, Dan
 My husband Jason made signs with "Dan-isms" This one says "Real men aren't afraid to Saab" because Dan drives a vintage Saab




 Yes, the photo background is Yo Gabba Gabba! Even 35 year olds like cartoons!

  Hope you are having a great Monday!

Today I'm linking up with:

stillbeingmolly


http://www.momtrends.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/Monday-Mingle-Button150.png

Thrifters Anonymous

Join us! Click the Spotlight

Pin It

16 comments:

  1. Love all of the pictures! You look fantastic in your outfit and the fake mustaches are hilarious! Looks like you had a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love the idea of the photo booth - and your brother is quite a cutie, I must say (I'm old but I can look!!) Thanks for linking up to Visible Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome outfit-and AWESOME hair color! Mine used to be almost as red (more copper) last year... and now it's blonde. Found you on the YOLOMondays link up, new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure you hear this all the time, but since I'm new to your blog I have to say it anyway: your hair is amazing! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable photos!! Love how much of your outfit is styled with thrifted finds, very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. aww, great post! stopping by from Color Blind :-)

    love your look here; GREAT top!!

    ~nic
    www.nics-picks.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. How perfect for you and your friend to share your clothes like that! I bet your closets are massive!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love your blog! First your outfit is amazing. The print on that shirt is pure perfection and the fringe purse...love! And what a great idea for your brother's birthday. I love all the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a cute outfit. And I love those photos of your brother's friend's son. So cute.
    Visiting from Monday Mingle.
    Daphne.

    Also, please enter my SHAPE WEAR give away, just one week left...
    http://fashiondivamommy.blogspot.com/2012/08/shapewear-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute! I love the print on that shirt and your helper is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awwww, thanks for the shout-out. :)
    cute-cute . . . hehe

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow love your blog! Your hair is so pretty and I love that bag! Great style and I am a new follower!

    Xo Meghan
    citrusrefreshingfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete