Navigation bar



Monday, September 19, 2011

Goodwill Finds of the Week: Smart Shopping

Oh my gosh! Someone stop me! I had another HUGE day at the Goodwill on Morse Rd. last week! I'm almost embarrassed as I'm trying to push a heaping full cart through the tight racks, at times unsuccessfully. Part of me feels like a glutton but another larger part of me feels like THE SMARTEST SHOPPER ON THE PLANET! How can some people not thrift? It is so exhilarating! Here is a peak into my shopping cart:
This red corduroy skirt is a really old New York and Co. It's kind of ugly but kind of cute at the same time like those dogs with the smooshed, wrinkly faces. You know what I mean, right? $3.99
 Thin wool grandpa sweater. Pastels are big right now and this is a great layering piece! I love the color but I'm not a huge fan of the buttons so I'm thinking about replacing them with something more expensive looking. $1.75 (got it 1/2 off!)
 This top is just so adorable! And you can't go wrong with polka-dots! $3.49
 The last thing I need is another denim shirt (I think I have 5 already) but I couldn't resist this Gap beauty! It is safe to say if I could only wear one shirt for the rest of my like it would be a denim shirt! $3.49
 Ok, now this is a maternity top but since it has a tie at the waist it could totally work for non-pregos! This is a good thrifting tip- think outside your normal section! Check the Men's department or even the kids! $3.49
 I love the prepiness of this forest green sweater. It's one of those cozy sweaters you just want to through on on a casual Sunday. And I love green with my red hair! $3.49
 I always need black sweaters to wear over my work uniform. This one is super soft! $3.49
 60's style tweed skirt, Ann Taylor. $3.99
 New York and Co. coat. It looked brand new so I thought I'd sell it! $3.99
 I just love this fuchsia dress! It's a Donna Ricco from Macy's with the original tags still on! I'm afraid it's just a little too big for me though so I will just have to find it a really good new home! $4.99
 Pretty paisley- perfect for fall! $4.99
 Nanette Lepore dress. Her dresses sell for hundreds of dollars new at top department stores. I got mine for only $4.99! I love the army green color!
 pretty floral dress $4.99
 60's retro looking dress that really needs steamed! $4.99
 Milly shift dress with belt. Milly makes retro looking dresses that sell for $300 to $500 so this was a really amazing find at only $4.99!
 Gimid straight leg pants. I have never heard of this brand- European maybe? Anyone? but I love the little ruffly detail on the front and back pockets $1.75 (got them 1/2 off!)
 Candies blue velvet ruffled heels size 9- I'm a 6 so I got these to use for one of my thrifty news segments $3.99
Express Men's sweater vest $3.49

So I ended up with 6 dresses, 2 skirts, 3 shirts, 3 sweaters, a coat, a pair of pants, a pair of shoes, and a vest for a total of 18 items for only $71.33! Including three high end designer dresses! This is just too much fun! Someone pinch me!

Pin It

8 comments:

  1. these are amazing buys, the green dress is popping out of your page, I luv it! You always get all the good stuff at fantastic prices.

    love,mongs
    mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. like your new banner by the way, so vintage glam!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the blog make over...it looks really amazing. Ok, have to say I'm a little green with envy right now. Nanette Lepore and Milly in the same day? Come on! You have amazing thrift skills!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pinch me, I can't believe you found so much. I shop the same way. After 2 hours of shopping, the employees at Goodwill shout, are you still here?? I kid with them asnd say, no I left for lunch and came back!!! Great for you darling. I checked out your video...I love it. Dawn Suitcase Vignettes

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for telling me about the Goodwill-Polaris store. Went there this weekend and it was great. I love the pink Donna Ricco dress you bought. What size is it? If you are going to put it on Ebay I want to bid! Oh, and I was wondering if you could ever address the following topic on your blog sometime: how do you keep all your clothes organized so you know what you have (and what you don't have) and can effortlessly put outfits together? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. HeatherD- So glad you found some great stuff! I think I probably will be listing that dress on Ebay- I will let you know!It says it is a 10 but I think it fits more like a 6 or 8. I will be sure to post measurements.I have done a couple of things related to organizing my closet. I did a closet remodel back in June and I did a post that suggested turning your hangers around when you wear something so you don't wear the same things all the time. But I do think there is probably more I could say about this topic esp. related to it helping put outfits together. I'll have to give that some thought! Nice talking to you! Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Lindsey! You're awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE the shift dress and the one above! Your Goodwill has some great finds!

    ReplyDelete