Navigation bar



Thursday, July 14, 2011

It's My Blogiversary!

I am very proud and excited to inform you all that today is my 1 year Blogiversary! It has been an amazing year! When I started this blog, I needed a creative outlet where I could share my passion for fashion, home decor, and for saving money! I didn't really know what I was doing but I've just figured it out as I went along. Since then I have learned so much and have definitely grown as a blogger (I hope you think so too)!
 It all started with a blue t-shirt dress- (cute, but my photos of myself have gotten much better!)
 and some finds from Goodwill
There were lots of house projects, like painting the front door black,
giving this desk a well needed makeover, 
 and my closet remodel
 There were lots of great finds for the home from thrift stores, like these steer head glasses, 
this garden stool,
and this amazing campaign dresser for only $25!
 There was also some great outfits



and some hair color changes as well!

This blog has also lead me some great opportunities like representing thrift store bloggers on the news at the grand opening of a new Volunteers of America store!
which then lead to my monthly spot on Columbus, Ohio's local news channel Fox 28! Every 4th Monday- don't forget!
But the most important part of all of this is YOU! I cannot thank you all enough for reading my blog and for your kind words and encouragement! I really love creating this blog so it means so much that you enjoy reading it! I feel like I've come so far in the last year and I plan on continuing to grow as a blogger and bring you great content. Going into my second year I am really hoping to increase my traffic and to get some sponsors (call me!). I would love for this blog to go as far as it can and lead to more great opportunities! Thanks again! I couldn't have done it without you!
 P.S. let me know if you have any favorite Thrift and Shout moments- I'm just curious!


Pin It

8 comments:

  1. Congrats on your first anniversary! I've found blogging to be absoluetly addictive (in a good way). And your very first outfit photo put mine to shame!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I'm so new to blogging but I enjoy it even if the only one reading is my daughter. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! You have a great style, I love seeing all of your different outfits! Happy Blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow!
    i'm jealous on you and ur big closet

    i wanted one soo big so much.. my closet is never enough :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can remember being at work and you just writting ideas down on a piece of paper. You have come a long way! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your 1 year, your blog looks so fun! Love your last outfit with the lace skirt especially, adorable :)

    <3 Alison
    alisonscampusfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. congratulations! You're one inspiring thrift blogger!

    love~mongs
    mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute blue dress! I love it! Congrats on your anniversary!

    xo,Stream

    ReplyDelete