Navigation bar



Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Cute Outfit of the Day: Ralph Lauren Inspired

We actually had a pretty low key New Years Eve this past weekend. My husband and I were both still not feeling well but we didn't wanted to sit home and do nothing. We decided to pop in for a little bit at a friends party just down the street from us. I really wasn't feeling like dressing up but I wanted to wear something with at least a little shine! It is New Years eve after all! I didn't think about it at the time but I think I was unconsciously channeling one of my favorite looks from Ralph Lauren:


And now, here is my look:



The Outfit Rundown:
gold cardigan: Ralph Lauren from Goodwill $3
green skinny cargo pants: Old Navy $21
shoes: Nicole Miller from DSW clearance $20
sparkly leopard head necklace: Forever 21 $8.90
gold/black beaded necklace: Goodwill $4
purse: Nine West- have had forever

I guess my look is actually the flip flop of the designer look with the gold on top and the military inspired piece on the bottom but it has the same overall feel to it. I love the mix of a dressy piece and a more casual piece in an outfit. It's crazy that it works but it does! I think that mix is what can make an outfit look modern.
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Cute!
    I really miss thrifting from my year in Ohio. Here it's so "in" to buy vintage that it's become as expensive as shopping for new clothes :P

    ReplyDelete