Navigation bar



Thursday, November 11, 2010

Working it Out in Style

A little over a week ago I decided to join Urban Active, a gym that has a location just a mile from our house. Recently I've been feeling "softer" than ever before, and not in a good way, if you know what I mean! I also have been trying to find good ways to manage stress and alleviate pain in my back and neck. With all these goals in mind I thought the best way to tackle them all at once would be to work out! I've worked out before and we have a treadmill in our basement which I use on occasion but I haven't been doing anything consistently in quite a while.

I met with a trainer before I started working out which I highly recommend! She helped me to understand where I'm at now and what I need to do to achieve my goals. Together we decided that I could stand to loose about 7 lbs but I also need to gain about 7lbs in muscle! So I'm basically maintaining my weight but getting stronger and more toned! I'm doing this by doing at least 20 mins of cardio and 30 mins of weights 3-4 times per week. In addition to my already very healthy diet full of lots of natural and organic foods that mostly come from the earth I am adding lots of PROTIEN! I love those Mix 1 drinks from the organic section at Kroger! So far I've mostly been taking advantage of the awesome classes Urban Active has to offer including Spinning, Kickboxing, and Yoga and can't wait to try more! I've also done some cardio and weight lifting on the machines. I am now in week two of working out and besides being really sore, I am feeling better already! I feel stronger, more able to get through a long strenuous day. I have more energy, and I feel good about the work I've put in to get to this goal! The high you get from working out almost makes it addictive! So if working out is something you've been thinking about too, I want to encourage you to DO IT! Make it fun though and do activities you enjoy and then it won't feel like a chore!

So, what does every person need most after joining a gym? Well, cute work out clothes of course! And as always I can't stand paying a ton of money especially for clothes I'm going to sweat in! So I made a little trip to the Goodwill today to check out their selection of athletic gear and as always they did not disappoint! Now to all of you germaphobes, before you exit out of here as fast as you can, I feel proud to tell you that the work out clothes I bought today from Goodwill are brand new! Take a look at what I found:

 cute work out top with built in bra originally from Target $1.99

 another cute tank with support from Target $3.99

 like I said, tags still on!

stretchy black yoga pants because doesn't everyone look better in black!
INC brand org. from Macy's $1.99

So now you know you can get cute but affordable work out clothes if you need them! One less excuse not to work out! Also, in line with our usual thrifty ways, my husband and I bargained and got a really, really good deal on my membership by paying up front for a year membership and getting a second year free! Never, ever pay the asking price for a gym membership! They want you there. They will work with you to get to a price that you will say yes too!


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment