Navigation bar



Saturday, October 2, 2010

The New Smokey Eye for Fall 2010

 Don't throw out your black and gray eyeshadows! They are still great choices for creating a smokey eye look but I just wanted to give you a new option for fall. I am loving this purpley burgundy color right now and wanted to share it with you (see the center color in the palette shown in the first picture)! This color looks great on any eye color but especially brings out blue eyes. It is soft enough for daytime but can be applied heavier for evening.  Give it a try- see what you think!


 eyeshadow compact for blue eyes from Almay cosmetics $6


Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Hey. :) I just stumbled across your blog and feel as though we should be friends for the following reasons... 1. We chose the same template. 2. I am a thrift store junkie (on my way to one today to look for more mirrors. 2. I love to find old furniture and paint it white (also love glass knobs). 3. I live in the Columbus area too. :) 4. I need you to help me learn how to apply make-up! The most I wear is an Organic tinted moisturizer, mascara, and lip gloss. I have no idea what colors look best on me. Anyway, hope you will stop by and say hi sometime. I've been writing at The Olive Tree Community, but just embarked upon a new blog this past week, The Wiferson Handbook. Hope you have a great weekend! Blessings, Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Erin! It is so nice to meet you! It does in fact seem like we have quite a bit in common! After checking out your lovely blogs I think we also have one more very important thing in common- our faith in God!
    Getting good at makeup can take a lot of practice! I would encourage you to buy some inexpensive shadows and liners and play around with them. Smokey purples and brown toned eyeshadows look great on almost everyone! Your friends and family will let you know if it looks good or not- trust me!
    I work at Kenneths Hair Salons and Day Spas at Polaris of you ever want to come in. I do facials, waxing, and makeup.
    Many of my readers have expressed interest in makeup tips so I am planning on doing more posts on that topic in the near future! Hope you will stop by again!
    Also, are you on Facebook? We should be friends!
    Thanks for stopping in! Take care and God Bless!
    -Lindsey Turner

    ReplyDelete