Navigation bar



Monday, October 25, 2010

Makeup Lesson from a Pro

I had the amazing opportunity today to attend a makeup class taught by world renowned makeup artist for Jane Iredale, Kevin Mendelson!  He has done makeup for television, celebrities, and even at fashion week! Kevin currently travels all over the globe as Jane Iredale's International Educator and Makeup Artist. I am so lucky to be a part of a company who brings in such a high level of talent and expertise to make me even better at my job!

Kevin Mendelson in action

In my six+ years as an Esthetician, Jane Iredale is by far the best makeup line I have ever worked with! There is definitely a reason it is refered to as "the skin care makeup"! I haven't talked about it much on Thrift and Shout thus far because I was worried about featuring something that could not really be defined as "thrifty". I was talking to my boss about this dilemma today and she reminded me of a really good point. In skin care and makeup in most cases you really get what you pay for. Like I said before, I've been an Esthetician for over six years now and I have worked with and studied many, many different product lines and I have seen this proven time and time again. Actually, this is exactly why we thrift! We save money where we can so we can spend it on things that are more important like taking care of our skin! So bear with me, this post is going to be more "shout" than "thrift" but I feel that it is important enough to bend my own rules just a bit.

There is so much to love about this makeup line. I want to share with you what you are missing out on by not using Jane Iredale.
-It is Dermatologist, Safety, Allergy, and clinically tested and Hypoallergenic
-It is non-irritating so it's great for even the most sensitive skin types
-It is inert which means it does not harbor bacteria
-It contains no perfume, dyes, talc, or synthetic preservatives such as parabens
-the products with SPF are the only FDA certified waterproof products on the market today
-It is highly pigmented so you don't need much product (which kind of does make it thrifty!)
-It feels really light on the skin but provides amazing coverage (goodbye redness and hyper-pigmentation!)
-since the product is sold in 49 countries, they provide an extensive range of foundation colors
-all of the products contain ingredients that actually improve the skin with continued use
-all of the foundations and sunscreens are anti-inflammatory which makes them great at calming the skin after facial procedures such as waxing, facials, microdermabrasion, and chemical peels
-Jane Iredale uses only the highest grade minerals in all of their products which most mineral lines do not- and it does make a difference in how it preforms and looks on the skin
-their brushes are all of the highest quality natural fibers and are specifically made to go with each product in the Jane Iredale line

I wanted to share with you some of the things that Kevin talked about today:
First he talked about the benefits of one of my favorite products the Magic Mitt:
This is simply a little mit that you wet with water and it removes all makeup, dirt, and oil from the skin- no cleanser needed! Magic! He talked about how it can be especially important for oily/ acne skin types because one of the major causes of oily and acne skin is due to disrupting the PH levels of the skin which can happen when you wash your face with some cleansers. the Magic Mitt will cleanse the face without disrupting the PH level of the skin. I like to use it to remove my eye makeup before I wash my face with my cleanser.

Next he talked about the benefits of a product called Absence Oil Controlling Primer:
This product controls oil and conceals large pores. It works great for skin that gets shinny throughout the day. He said to apply it very sparingly and in criss-crossing strokes mostly through the T-zone.

Another product that Kevin talked about that I love is the foundation. There are 4 equally amazing choices:
Amazing Base Loose Mineral Powder SPF20
best for normal to dry skin types



 Pure Pressed Mineral Powder SPF20
best for normal to oily skin types

Liquid Minerals
more like a anti-aging skin serum than a makeup but still provides nice light coverage

Dream Tint SPF 15
a nice light tinted moisturizer that works great as a makeup primer to help makeup stay on all day



Last but not least; there are the exciting new products which I can't wait to purchase!:


 Lip Fixation
These are lip stains on one end and a gloss on the other. I have tested these and they really do stay on all day! They offer six beautiful, wearable shades. Lip stains are really a big trend right now! Love them!

Eye Steppes
There are three different palettes one each for blue eyes, brown eyes, and hazel eyes. This makes it so easy if you 're not sure what colors look best on you! Each palette gives you five flattering eye shades that you can wear alone or in combination with one another. Play around with them. You can't go wrong since they are all made for your specific eye color!

I feel very inspired by this class today and I hope my excitement inspires you as well! I encourage you to try Jane Iredale. Even if you are already using a mineral line that you like I feel confident that you will like Jane Iredale even better. I've been using it for two years now and I love it and NO Jane Iredale is not paying me to say this! 
*Jane Iredale is available for purchase at Kenneth's Hair Salons and Day Spas in Central Ohio or contact Kenneth's at www.kenneths.com


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment