Navigation bar



Monday, September 6, 2010

Mirror Re-do

Maybe you remember the great mirror I found a couple of weeks ago at The Salvation Army on half price day. If you do, I am sure you remember the incredibly low price I paid for it- only $7.00!!! Here's a refresher in case you forgot:



When I originally featured the mirror, I asked my readers what color they thought I should paint it or if I should just leave it gold. I got a almost unanimous response to paint it white! I already had a couple of cans of white spray paint in the garage so this project ended up costing me nothing on top of the cost of the mirror!

Here's how I did it:

First, I took it outside and layed it on a large piece of plywood I use for projects like this making sure I was far enough away from the house and the fence. 

Second, I took four pieces of computer paper and covered the glass so I didn't get paint on it. I tried my best to get it as close to the edges as possible but I still ended up getting a little bit of paint on the glass. It came off easily though with some GoBeGone on a paper towel! Fhew! 

Third, I sprayed the entire gold part of the mirror making sure I sprayed it from every angle to get in all the crevices. It took about 3 coats which I did one right after the other. 

Here's what it looked like when I was done:

I let it dry for several hours before I brought in in for the night. And here is the final result:

So what do you think? I think it looks pretty great! Now I just need to figure out where I'm going to hang it- any suggestions?



Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment