Navigation bar



Wednesday, August 18, 2010

These are a Few of My Favorite Things

I'm going to share with you some of my favorite beauty products. These are things that I personally use and couldn't live without!

C.O. Bigelow Mentha Lip Tint with 2% peppermint oil to freshen breath! I love products that do more than one thing- that's truly thrifty! These lip glosses are $7.50 each but they usually have them on special 3/$18 at Bath and Body Works or C.O. Bigelow stores.

BioFreeze Pain relieving Roll-on with soothing natural menthol. Put this stuff on sore muscles and joints for immediate relief. I have even found that the cold then hot effect that it produces will actually take away my pain even though it just claims to provide temporary relief! This runs around $8. for the roll-on which usually lasts me close to a year. It also comes in a gel, a spray, and a towelette for travel. It is sold at most chiropractors offices and spas that do massages.


Loreal True Match Concealer. This whole line of True Match products by Loreal are so incredibly user friendly. The line is broken down into warm, neutral, and cool and each of those categories are broken down into light, medium, and dark. Take a look at the inside of your wrist to figure out if your skin is more yellow (warm), more pinky (cool), or somewhere in between (neutral). Then just decide if you are light, medium, or dark which is usually pretty obvious and you've got a whole line of products perfectly matched to your skin tone! It's so easy! I particularly love their concealer. It has great matte coverage and doesn't crease or wear off during the day! It is usually around $8.99 and it lasts about 4-5 months.

Fake Bake Sunless Self Tanning Lotion. This is by far the best self tanning product I have ever used! It has a nice bronzy tint to it so you can see where you are putting it to ensure even coverage. I put it on at night and sleep in it. When I wake up in the morning I rinse off in the shower and I always get a perfectly even golden (not orangy) tan that lasts a week! I buy it at my work- Kenneths Hair Salon and Day Spas. I think it runs around $24 but you can get several applications from each bottle. 

Jane Iredale Cream Eyeliner in Black Plus and Angle Liner/ Brow Brush. I am obsessed with cream eyeliner! Ever since I tried it I cannot go back to pencil liner. Cream just glides on so smoothly, is easily smudgable, and stays on all day without running or smearing. It gives the look of a liquid liner (not quite as harsh) but is so much easier to apply. I know the brush looks intimidating but it's easier than it looks. Don't stress out about trying to draw one continuous line across your eye. Just draw several dashes along lash line as close to the lashes as possible and just smudge to connect. I also like MAC and Bobbi Brown's cream eyeliners. They all run around $18 and last about a year.
 
Kenneth's "D" Zit Treatment Dabber. This has 10% time released encapsulated salicylic acid to treat breakouts. If I get a blemish I dab this directly onto the breakout morning and night. I helps to make the blemish go away and it helps to fade the scaring they leave behind more quickly. Salicylic acid is the most effective treatment for breakouts and at 10% this product is highly effective. From the drugstore the highest percentage you can find is 2%. Since the salicylic acid in the Treatment Dabber is encapsulated it is actually less harsh on the skin than the 2% regular salicylic acid found in drug store products. This is a great product for women and men. The dabber is about $15 at Kenneth's Hair Salon and Day Spas.

Neutrogena Triple Moisture Deep Recovery Hair Mask. I have used this hair mask for years! I love it because it makes my hair really soft and smooth but doesn't weigh it down like most conditioning treatment can. It works great on dry or over processed hair like mine. It is only $6 at the grocery or drug store!

Sonia Kashuk Loose Powder Bronzer in Golden. I have also used this for a long time. It has a nice balance between pigment and shimmer and makes my pale skin glow! It is about $8 at Target.
 
And Last but certainly not least my favorite product of all time- Oscar Blandi Pronto Dry Shampoo! I don't like to wash my hair everyday so I use this to freshen up my hair and absorb oil in between washings. It works great and has a nice light citrus smell. I buy the 1oz. travel size powder for $11 at Sephora. It lasts me a good year if not longer. Do not buy the spray it costs the same but only lasts for a few applications.

Hope this was enjoyable and informative. What are some of your favorite beauty products that won't break the bank?







Pin It

1 comment:

  1. I love C.O. Bigelow Mentha Lip Tint, too. Neutrogena Triple Moisture Deep Recovery Hair Mask is a good product. If you like it, you may also like "Aussie 3 Minute Moist Miracle Deeeeep Conditioner" :)

    ReplyDelete