Navigation bar



Monday, July 19, 2010

Tis' the season for straw!

I have a confession to make.... I'm obsessed with straw! Anything from accessories and shoes to rugs and chairs- I love it all! I love the way it can texture to an outfit or a room. And, right now is the best time to use it! There is just something uniquely summery about straw.
Check out some of my favorites:


Ikea chair that I painted (about$20) and my straw fedora (from Kmart in Lake Wales, FL. $7)- What a steal! I've seen similar hats go for anywhere from $25 to $75.
TIP: Don't be afraid to check out the clothing and accessories at discount stores like Kmart and Walmart!


My favorite summer carry all bag! This bag seriously holds everything! (from Goodwill $1.49)


My straw chair from pottery barn. I know this sounds expensive but it was on sale for $199 and my parents bought it for us for Christmas- so technically it was free! This chair is so incredibly versatile. It could be used with so many different decorating styles from beachy to country to our more modern eclectic style. It just adds great warmth and texture to our living room.
TIP: Look for straw items in the colder months when they are considered not in season to score some major deals like this one.


I love the little detail on this fabulous red straw bag. The zipper pull has a string of tribal looking beads on it. (from goodwill$1.49) It can be a shoulder strap bag or a clutch! And if you haven't noticed Tribal is a huge trend right now! These are the go with almost anything essential summer wedges. I love the straw heels! (from Target $20)
TIP: Do I even have to tell you to SHOP AT TARGET?!


This is a straw rug in my kitchen. Again, it adds such warmth and texture to our light blue and white kitchen. TIP: Use a straw rug to really ground a soft and airy room. I got this one from Kohls for $21! It was originally $60 then it was marked down 65% (Kohls always has great sales!) then I had a $10 off coupon!
TIP: sign up for mailings from Kohls. They send me coupons almost monthly!


These are a few examples of different straw purses all found at thrift stores for $3 or less! The cute little floral print shoes I got at a clothing swap for $3.
TIP: I highly recommend doing one of these clothing swaps with your friends! We did ours as a fund raiser for a friend who was going on a mission trip. All items were set at $3 and all the money went towards her trip! Pin It

2 comments:

  1. There are a lot straw stuff in Taiwan. You can even find mattress with straw top... Therefore, I always think straw things are kind of old style or out of date. However, you totally change my point of view. They look so stylish on your photos. Good job :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Juiwan! That's really interesting! I'm glad i was able to give you a fresh perspective! thanks for reading too- it means a lot to me!

    ReplyDelete