Navigation bar



Wednesday, July 21, 2010

DIY Bib Necklace

Bib necklaces have been a huge trend for a while now. I've been seeing them everywhere from the mall stores to the pages of Vogue. As usual I didn't want to pay full price for something so I decided I could make my own!

Inspiration:

My creation:

 

Now you try...

Items you'll need:
hot glue gun
sissors
felt (your color choice)
ribbon or string (your color choice)
gemstones or flowers or whatever you want on your necklace

How to make it:
1. decide what shape you want your necklace to be 
2. cut it out of the felt
3. decide how you want your gemstones or flowers or beads or whatevers to be layed out on the felt piece
4. use the hot glue to attach them
5. cut the ribbon or string to the length you want your necklace
6. attach by sewing a few stitches or you can try using hot glue
7. wear with pride!

NOTE: I added the extra detail of adding the gold trim by hand sewing gold thread around the edges. Be creative. There are literally millions of possibilities. Have fun with it!




Pin It

1 comment:

  1. This is awesome, Lindsey! Thanks for such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete