Navigation bar



Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Cute Outfit of the Day: Plaid Mini with Western Flair

cape: thrift $6
Gap denim jacket: thrift $4
blouse: H&M gift card $0
Express skirt: thrift $4
Sam Edelman boots: Christmas gift $0
Total Cost: $14

I love the combo of a mini skirt and over the knee boots. The proportions just work so well together! I thrifted this adorable Express mini skirt recently and decided to give it a little western flair with my fringe boots and denim jacket. Then I added my cape coat for extra warmth. I've seen lots of coat layering lately and wanted to try it out for myself! Since there is a lot going on with the fringe and different textures, I kept this look on the neutral side.

Today I'm linking up with:
Shopping my Closet- Style Me Wednesday Pin It

11 comments:

  1. I love that look and how you layered the denim and the cape. What a cute skirt!

    Lisa
    Daily Style Finds

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa! Sometimes one coat is just not enough in this freezing Ohio weather!

      Delete
  2. I adore your hair! And the name of your blog is amazing! So glad I discovered it!

    Zhenya
    http://beingzhenya.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't you just love how a denim jacket works with everything? I seriously have to make myself put it back in the closet sometimes! Yours looks great :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right, Claire! I do the same thing- esp in the summer!

      Delete
  4. I particularly like the cat accessory in the third picture, just adds that little something to an outfit I think :)

    Sophie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to agree with you Sophie! What could be cuter with any outfit than a kitty!

      Delete
  5. I love the layering you've done here. The denim, plaid, and cape look great together! I really love anything plaid, so I've got a biiig soft spot for that skirt :)

    http://forsevenseasons.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am in love with your fringe black boot and I love how you mastered this unique layering of Cape over jeans jacket.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your complexion is lightly sensual in contrast to the raging locks above.
    The jean jacket says 'go' while the cape warns 'stop!'...still...the skirt wants attention over the silken sheathed legs, but the boots command 'you will wait until...'

    And I crumble hard before you, awaiting then.

    ReplyDelete