Navigation bar



Monday, January 30, 2012

Cute Outfit of the Day: Layered Jackets

















coat: vintage via Volunteers of America $3.99
 jacket: Goodwill $3.99
top: Goodwill $3.49
jeans: Banana Republic $5.99
shoes: vintage via Volunteers of America $3.99
earrings: Forever 21 $4.80
Total Cost: $26.25

This is what I wore on Sunday. I left my coat on for a few pictures because I wanted you all to see this great thrift store find! I don't wear  blazers a lot in the winter because there is the issue of getting a coat to fit over it comfortably. This particular blazer is really thin and this coat has a nice deep v-neckline so the jacket fit underneath without crushing the collar. Perfect!  
I say all this because I got an email this morning from Chictopia.com (great street style inspiration site!) about how you can rock the 2012 Fall trends right now! The first trend was layering jackets. I thought WOW! I just did this yesterday and I didn't even know it was cool! Go me!

Here are some other pictures of this trend:
via chictopia.com
What do you think of this trend? Why not rock next winter's trends this winter!

Pin It

7 comments:

  1. I love the blue top you have on underneath the coat! the embellishments are so pretty!

    XO maggie
    magsragstoriches.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. G-o-r-g-e-o-u-s color combination. So soft, sweet and romantic. I love the feminine touches dressed down with denim.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so beautiful! Great pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a great look and so cute for work too!
    i love the coat

    xoxo katlin
    kaitgirl

    ReplyDelete
  5. That scalloped top is pure perfection!!! What a total score...love it when Goodwill stocks the goods...

    Thanks for stopping by my blog, hope you'll be back to visit sometime!

    xo-Julie
    Peace. Love. LOL!

    Haute Khuuture.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally agree, what a cute jacket you wearing

    xoxo


    ==========
    From http://www.checkmyfashion.com/

    An Online Wardrobe for worldwide Fashion Lovers

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the entire ensemble!! First, the coat is to die for!!! I would've nabbed that up had I have seen it! ;) Then I love the reveal of that darling top beneath it all! It's such a wonderful little mystery under it all! The earrings are the perfect conclusion finishing off the outfit!!

    ReplyDelete