Navigation bar



Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Cute Outfit of the Day: Daytime Sequins

I featured these same shorts yesterday but it was an entirely different look! I wanted to show how you can take a basic piece and use it in many different ways!
I was so excited when I found this vintage sequin top! I was actually actively looking for one! I love it when that happens! I feel like it would be really expected to pair this top with a pair of dress pants or a skirt but I wanted to do something more unexpected with it. I've been really inspired by the daytime sequin trend so I decided to take it in a more casual direction. Let me know what you think...
gold sequin top: Volunteers of America $1.99
Polo denim shorts: VOA $3.99
shoes: Goodwill (brand new) $3.99
Total Cost: $9.97

Pin It

5 comments:

  1. I love your sequined top, can't believe how much you paid for the entire outfit, you're amazing at finding great stuff! The look is so saturday-night-fever retro chic! I like how you did your hair. So sleek!

    love,mongs
    mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the sequins!

    I wanted to ask you if you have been to the goodwill in powell...the one that is near the zoo, Recreation Unlimited, Handel's, etc?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I have! When I was there they didn't have nearly the amount of stuff that the other Goodwill's have but that made it much easier and quick to get through. Because of the area they tend to have a lot of Talbot's, Ann Taylor, Chico's type of clothing but you never know what you might find! It is a super clean and organized store so if the craziness of the other Goodwill's gets to you this would be a good place for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey your shoes look a lot like these $320 Moon’s Realm Booties on BHLDN: http://www.bhldn.com/the-shop_attire_black-white/moons-realm-booties

    You got a great deal.

    p.s. love the sequin top

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable top...looks like such a fun piece to style. Have a great birthday week!

    ReplyDelete