Navigation bar



Friday, March 18, 2011

Spring Trend Alert: Bold Color Mixing

Usually when I create an outfit I ground it with at least one neutral color. Don't get me wrong I love color but I tend to use it as more of an accent to the outfit not for the entire outfit! So when I noticed this trend of creating a whole outfit out of color I thought- how am I going to do this without looking like a clown? Well, with much studying and trial and error I think I've got it figured out!

First, lets start with the inspiration from the Spring 2011 runways:

Gucci

Jil Sander

Jil Sander

Marc Jacobs

Gucci

To get the look right:

pair with gold jewelry or accents only:

colors can be soft and in the same color family:


OR bold and totally different:


just pick 3 solid colors of minimal texture:


And have no fear!


Here is my take on the look:






And this was my desk after I shot these outfits:


Love all the color but what a mess!

If you are still a little hesitant to try this trend then just start slow. Try pairing a  purple shoe with a dark blue dress or carrying a yellow clutch with an orange dress. Or take it one step further by pairing a red shoe with a bright blue dress or an orange clutch with a purple dress.

Start by pulling out a bunch of solid colored pieces from your closet then have fun mixing and matching using this post as your guide until you find something you like!


Pin It

1 comment:

  1. I'm never afraid of color but I do find myself with more neutrals than I'd like to admit.

    Love outfits 1 and 3.

    ReplyDelete