Navigation bar



Monday, February 7, 2011

Trend Alert: Orange is the New Red

Like it or not, Orange hued lipstick is a huge trend right now! From orange-reds to tangerine and bright-orange to peach; there is a shade for every complexion. Many designers can be credited to the start of this trend. Orange lips have graced the runways of Prada, Marc Jacobs, Isaac Mizrahi and have been the perfect compliment to the clothing of J.Crew. I love how it instantly it brightens up the complexion! Here is the inspiration:





And here is my take on the trend:




I chose this safer orangey-red shade

 Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Coral only $8
much cheaper and just a pretty as the makeup counter brands


Keys to the look: 
-keep the rest of the face pretty neutral- bronzer and black mascara
-avoid pinks, black, charcoal, and deep blue shades
-stick to browns, golds, coppers, and orangy shades
-remember, there is a shade for every skin tone so if one don't work for you try a different one
-match cheeks to lips
-matte is best when it comes to orange lips
-orange lips look great with whites and grays

I think I want to try this little bit more daring shade next:

Loreal Colour Riche Lipstick in #410- 
and I want the nail polish too!

Give it a try and let me know what you think!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment