Navigation bar



Monday, August 30, 2010

Fall Fashion 2010

What is the one thing for you that signals that fall is on it's way? Is it the cool mornings, or the start of football season. How about the kids going back to school or even the reappearance of Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte. Well, for me it's the arrival of Vogue magazines September Issue! I look forward to it all year round! In case you are not familiar with it, the September Issue is the guide book to all things fall fashion. It is an inspiring collection of the best fashion from all the top designers. For me, the September issue issue is less of a catalog of what to buy for fall as it is an eduacational guide to the trends for fall. I take the knowledge I attain and figure out how to recreate the champagne looks on my beer budget.

Over the next couple of weeks I'm going to do a series of posts on the topic of fall fashion with the inspiration I have gleaned from the pages of the fashion Bible (Vogue magazine). Each post will be a different fall fashion trend. Here's the first one:

Military:
It was big for Spring now it's back for Fall!
The look: jackets with brass buttons, shoulder epaulets, cargo pants, studs, combat boots, double breasted coats, capes, military pins, cross body satchel bags, marching jackets, utility jackets, and camouflage
The colors: army green, black, gray
Try this: mix your military pieces with more feminine ones for a stylish balance
The inspiration:


How I rock it:

My favorite coat- an Express peacoat. I got this 4 years ago for half price and I still love it!


tan uniform shirt from Volunteers of America $.99
wide brown leather belt from Target $4.00 on clearance
Donna Karan army green silk skirt from Goodwill $2.99
gold star w/ coat of arms necklace from Ohio Thrift $14 on half price day


green military jacket from Forever 21 $24.00 
(I've had this for like 5 years and love wearing it over summer dresses)
sheer floral print dress with satin bow from Goodwill $4.99

black marching jacket from Forever21 $27.80 (from last winter)
light pink tiered ruffle skirt from Goodwill $4.99
This jacket looked equally chic with a frilly skirt as it does with light ripped up skinny jeans


Tan jacket from Goodwill $3.99
Navy/ white t-shirt from Goodwill $2.99
full denim skirt from Goodwill $2.99
brown leather belt from Goodwill $1.49
I know this is still kind of summery but I wanted to feature something you could wear now going into fall!

Green military jacket from Forever21 again but wanted to show it in a different way.
military style pin- gift from my brother from the Curiosity Shop on N. High street in Clintonville



What to buy for fall:

Celebrity Pink Cargo Olive Skinny Pants from Zumiez.com $38.00

 Timex military watch from J.crew $150

Xhileration Juniors Military Jacket from Target $24.99

Dolce vita for Target Black Lace Up Boot $27.99 on sale

Foreer21 Twist Militant Woven Skirt $19.80


Delia's $89.50



Delia's $69.50


Embellished Military Drop Pin from Express $19.90

Stay tuned! There are many more fall trends to come........!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment