Navigation bar



Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Costumes and Closets

Happy Halloween Everyone! 
I didn't have an opportunity to dress up this year but I  thought I'd show you some of my past costumes!

 Jacqueline Kennedy

 Joan Jett

Dolly Parton

For me, Halloween signifies that it's time to move out the summer clothes and move in the winter clothes. As much as it pains me to do this it has to be done! As many of you know, I don't just have a closet, I have a closet room! Our whole 2nd bedroom is my closet! Yes, I'm a lucky girl! Well, I spend the past 2 days reorganizing and switching from summer to winter and I thought I'd share with you the end result! 

Here is the main closet that my brother built for me:
see the remodel here , and here

I previously had organized all my tops by sleeve length but I decided to go for a different approach. I did most of the tops by style- Dressy, Boho, Professional, Girly, Stripes, Plaids, Collared shirts, cotton tops etc. I keep out most of my tops because even tanks are good for layering in colder weather. I only put away the really summery ones I know I won't wear in winter.

Here is the first of my 2 wardrobes:
I took out all the summer dresses and dressy dresses and hung them in the big closet in out basement so I have access to them but they are out of the way.

Here is my other wardrobe:
 I love jackets- can you tell!

 I also got all my boots out

 and I hung my necklaces on a bulletin board so I can see them better!

I also got rid of two bags full of stuff! It was a lot of work but I feel so organized now!  I love it!
Hope you all are safe an dry today! Praying for those who lost so much this week.

Today I'm linking up with:
pleated poppy


Pin It

14 comments:

  1. OH wow I love you as Dolly, what an awesome costume :D your wardrobe is amazing too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're costumes are so awesome! And I am forever jealous of your closet

    xo Emily
    www.bupster.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great costumes; I almost missed you because of the wrong color hair!

    I also have a board of necklaces, but mine is MUCH more crowded. I may need another one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG you are a DEAD RINGER for Dolly Parton!!!! Love it! And I am majorly jealous of your closet room! Amazing!

    Happy Halloween :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. You made such a perfect Dolly Parton! Great costume! I always wanted to dress up as Joan Jett back when I had black hair, but never got around to doing it. This year I definitely used my red hair as part of my costume--Clara Bow!

    http://fieryfinish.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your closet room is drool worthy.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your costumes are amazing, but your closet room is seriously, incredible awesome. Wow. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many boots... love it! Those are some great costumes. You make a fabulous Joan Jett!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the wardrobe shots and especially as you clearly spend so little on it but have such great clothes. Thanks for joining up with Wardrobe Weds again

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow I have major wardrobe envy right now!! My apartment is tiny so I've had to cut down my wardrobe.
    Thank you for linking up to Followers to Friend's blog hop, I hope you met some cool new bloggy friends :)
    Happy Halloween x

    P.S. Shabby Apple are giving away a dress on my blog if you want to enter! http://www.sweetpeasylvie.com/2012/11/im-stylish-breastfeeding-mama-shabby.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like the first picture. You look great with dark hair.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That closet is pretty awesome!!! I was wondering where you could possible keep all of your fabulous clothesz

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your costumes are so fun! And dang, girl, you got clothes! I wouldn't mind having a closet of that size!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I bet you have closets full of those amazing costumes, don't you? I envy your passion for these things, I wish I had the same creative imagination that you have and be more appreciative of the arts. But thank you for sharing these with us.

    ReplyDelete