Navigation bar



Monday, August 13, 2012

Cute Outfit of the Day: Thrifty Traditions


The Limited sweater: Goodwill $3.99
Express skirt: Goodwill $3.99
glasses: The Ohio State Fair $7
bag: Goodwill $1.99
shoes: Goodwill $3.99
left arm bracelet: Forever 21 gift
right arm top bracelet: Target $10
watch: Goodwill $3.99
necklace: Goodwill $2.99
Total Cost: $37.94

No, these are not real glasses! Just having a little fun today with these glasses that I picked up at the Ohio State Fair. My husband and I have a tradition where every year we go to the same sunglasses stand at the fair and get the 3/$20 sunglasses. We alternate years for who get 2 pairs! I think this was like our 5th year- yes, we have a lot of sunglasses!

Speaking of annual traditions, this Friday August 17th is National Thrift Shopping Day! This is a day where many thrift stores offer extra discounts! Specifically, at Volunteers of America this Friday there will be a huge sale and you can get a free tote bag with a $25 purchase! Check with your local thrift store to see if they are doing anything for this wonderful annual event!

Today I'm linking up with Laura from A Little Bit of Lacquer, Molly at Still Being Molly, Lindsey at The Pleated Poppy, Mandy from The Haps, Blondie from The Transatlantic Blonde and Two Thirty-Five Designs. Take a minute to check out their super cool blogs!
 
pleated poppy


























stillbeingmolly
Pin It

22 comments:

  1. This is seriously my favorite outfit of yours! The skirt, the necklace, the sweater...everything works perfectly and comes together perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. seeing as how im a single gal for the weekend anyway, i think i may hafta celebrate this holiday with a few girlfriends! (and maybe a few cocktails as well!) ;)
    loving this cardi -- im envious of your thrifting karma!

    ReplyDelete
  3. apparently this skirt is too short on stage. ha
    ummm, if that bag disappears someday, you'll know where it went. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The glasses look fantastic on you and I love your bag! Your blog name is brilliant :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a very cute outfit! And what a steal. Glad to have found you, and now following on GFC! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH MY GOODNESS!!! Friday is National Thrift Shopping Day!? That is awesome! I have an excuse to go thrift shopping.

    This outfit is simply adorable, by the way! I simply love everything, especially the chain! Great styling.

    xoxo,
    Laura
    http://lauraisthriftingthroughlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. This outfit right here is what I like to see ladies wear to work, not the clubbing shoes and dresses I see.
    kt-notfortheweak.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE this outfit!!! It is everythig I would wear!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an elegant and polished look, Lindsey! Love it! I can't believe that almost everything was thrifted, especially that lovely pleated skirt and bag!

    Jenny
    www.jensoutfitjournal.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning! I had to look twice because it's kind of a different look for you... not that you aren't always stunning!

    Molly
    More Charming In Person


    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, this outfit is very nice and balanced. Bag and the necklace are magnificent. Your image is perfect with glasses.

    http://sensecorbata.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  12. That cardigan is adorable! I think this is one of my most favorite outfits you've posted. Such great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I adore this outfit, Love the colors and the look, I could definitely wear this. :)

    Thanks for sharing my Blog Hop button in your other post!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Holy WOW!!! These pieces are AMAZING!! I love when I can thrift things from stores that I love to shop. Great 'fit-too cute!

    http://thriftyandshameless.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete